Since everyone started working from home, video conferencing has become the standard, and the most popular systems for making video conversations are Zoom and Google Meet. Zoom’s ability to add custom backdrops used to set it distinct, but that no longer holds true, as Google just added the ability to modify the background on a Google Meet call. In fact, the background can be blurred. In Google Meet, here’s how to change or blur the background.
Do you know How to Download and Use Fun Google Meet Backgrounds?
Before we begin
Before we begin changing the background in Google Meet, there are a few prerequisites or considerations to bear in mind in order to get the most out of this new feature.
- On Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chrome OS, you can modify or blur the background. On all of these platforms, the actions outlined below will work.
- When you choose a call background, the camera will instantly switch on.
- Users can only change their background once without connecting to their Google account.
- A user cannot select background pictures while joining a Google Workspace for Education video session.
- Changing the backdrop may cause your device to slow down, so go to “Settings -> Advanced -> System -> Use hardware acceleration” in the Google Chrome browser for Windows/Mac to enable Hardware Acceleration.
Read also: Best Online Meeting Software in 2022
How to Change Background in Google Meet Call
1: Go to the Google Meet website on your computer. A preview of your video will be given to you.
2: Select the three-dot icon at the bottom right of the page.
3: Select the “Change background” option from the list of possibilities that appears.
4: When you select “Change background,” you will be presented with two options: “slightly blur” and “totally blur” the background. These can be used on top of the current background.
5: There is a “+” button next to or below the blur options. To add a background from your computer, click on it.
Alternatively, you can choose from a list of pre-loaded backdrops. A total of 27 preloaded backgrounds are available to select from.
6: Select a background, and it will be applied to your Google Meet video conference instantly.
5: It’s also worth noting that you can change the background while on a Google Meet call. Carry on with the same steps as before.
6: Press the “Turn off backgrounds” button to remove the custom backdrop from your screen.
You can also check how to Fix Google Meet Camera Not Working Issue on Browser
Final Words: Change Background Google Meet
You can only change the wallpaper on Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chrome OS machines, as previously stated. Unfortunately, the Android and iOS apps lack the ability to alter the backdrop. Meanwhile, you can learn how to make a video conferencing station out of your Raspberry Pi.