You may either use the buttons to switch off your device or use the settings menu to shut it down. In most cases, iPhone devices will go to sleep after a certain amount of inactivity. When your iPhone is turned off, it will use battery power to do a certain task. If you want to save energy while you’re away from home, this isn’t the best situation. So, what are your options? The only way to save battery life is to turn off the gadget. Along with conserving battery power, you should also turn off the gadget if it starts acting abnormally or becomes unresponsive. To switch off the iPhone, you can use a variety of approaches. We’ll walk you through all the iPhone models’ settings step by step.
Here is the detailed guide, how you can restart the iPhone.
How to Turn Off iPhone
Whatever the cause, the approach below will enable you to turn off any iPhone model.
(1) For 15-20 seconds, press and hold the sleep/wake button.
The position of the sleep/wake button varies according to the model. The asleep button is located on the top of the smartphone on SE and older models. The sleep/wake button is located on the right side of the iPhone 6 and later versions.
(2) When you see the power button on the screen, release the button.
(3) To switch off the phone, move the slider to the right side.
(4) That’s all there is to it. In a few seconds, your phone will switch off.
How to Turn Off iPhone X and later?
Because the sleep/wake button on the model “X” and later devices is used to activate Siri, turning it off is slightly more difficult.
(1) Long-press the volume button for a few seconds, along with the sleep/wake button.
(2) Slide the slider from left to right once you see the power button on the screen.
(3) In a few seconds, your phone will shut down.
How to Turn Off iPhone from the Settings?
Instead of utilizing the buttons, iPhone owners can utilize the settings to switch off their smartphones. This solution only works on iOS 11 and newer devices.
(1) Go to your iPhone’s Settings app.
(2) Select the General option from the drop-down menu.
(3) To switch off the gadget, move the slider from left to right.
How to Turn Off an iPhone using Assistive Touch?
If you’ve activated AssitiveTouch on your phone, you can power it down using the procedures below.
To enable Assistive Touch, follow these steps. To enable Assistive Touch, go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Assistive Touch > Turn On.
(1) Select Assistive Touch from the drop-down menu.
(2) Choose a device.
(3) Press the More button.
(4) Select SOS from the drop-down menu.
(5) To turn off your iPhone, slide the slider to the off position.
How to Turn Off iPhone When Frozen?
The standard turn-off procedure will not function if your device screen is frozen due to a glitch or error. You’ll need to use the force shut down method to turn off your device at that point.
Using iPhone 8 and earlier
(1) For 10-15 seconds, press and hold the sleep/wake button as well as the home button.
Note: Instead of pressing the home button, press the volume down button on iPhone 8 and 7 models.
(2) When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons. The phone will now turn off automatically.
Using iPhone X and later models
(1) Press the volume up button.
(2) Press the Volume Down button.
(3) For 3-5 seconds, press and hold the sleep/wake button.
(4) On the screen, a slider to switch off the device will display.
(5) Move it from the left to the right. The device will be switched off.
Final Verdict: How to Turn Off iPhone
You can turn off any iPhone version by following the procedures above. You may either turn it off with the buttons or by going into the settings menu.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the section below. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for additional information.